Tuesday, October 12, 2004

On taking oneself too seriously

That is the biggest problem of the leaders of this world: they indeed do think that they are important. They tend to forget that the best they can hope for is to end up as a footnote - or possibly even a chapter - in history books one or two hundred years from now. One should not hope to get an own corner in the library, for rarely are entire books written about the friendly and merciful. But look who is talking! Apparently I take myself serious enough to believe that anyone out there is interested in my thoughts and ideas. Entire books I wrote, albeit mostly not about myself. Nevertheless I should be cautious with what I say, shouldn't I?

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is not taking oneself too seriously, it is a simple expression of self. It is not as if you are out there banging on about why I must listen to you or comment your blogs. Pls keep it up as there are people out there that need a different sense of reality.

    ReplyDelete