Monday, October 11, 2004

Bush and Kerry

Being a European, I have no choice: It is absolutely necessary that I comment on Bush and Kerry. I must say I find it all rather amazing. WHAT IS THIS? I could cry and scream and hammer my hands onto the floor - I simply am absolutely and eternally clueless as to what is going on in the US of A. Why is this Mr Bush president in the first place? His election was questionable, and he commited at least a dozen pollitical "crimes" that would have been instant political suicide for any other democratically elected head of state anywhere in the world. I see a double nature in him: on the one hand he is a lobby puppet in office. On the other hand he is a lobbyist himself - a christian extremist lobbyist. This man actually believes in God. Yes. In my view a supersticious person is not qualified to lead the worlds strongest country, to have command control over nuclear weapons. Imagine his God starts telling him things? I mean allegedly - if we take this book for granted - God already doomed cities and once even all of mankind. What of the believer in the white house is informed that he is God's tool to annihilate mankind a second time? I am not saying that is so, but WHAT IF? I feel compelled to ask a provocative question (actually I find it merely reasonable and straight forward): If someone claims to hear the voice of God - or simply believe in God - is that really any different from believing in Alien conspirators (I mean those from outer space here) or claiming to be in contact with the spirit of Elvis? IT ISN'T! It is the same. God (I always refer to the personal God from the book religions here) is not dead like Nietzsche claimed - he merely never existed in the first place. Instead GOD is mankind's most dangerous invention. An invention at that, the development and evolution of which historically can nicely be traced! Well - this was meant to be on Bush and Kerry. Instead a babbled on on something that does not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment