Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Fuzzyness of the mind

In one of his Dirk Gently Books Douglas Adams somewhere claims that the human mind is capable of holding seven different thoughts at once, and once another one appears, one of the other seven simply is dropped under the table. I am not sure about the actual number of parallel processes, but the principle surely rings true enough. At least for me. I am a constant thinker. My mind is busy all the time and never stops anlysing, fantasizing, worrying, noticing and the like. That might sound normal enough, but it can be utterly dangerous. OR expensive! Like today, when I got my own credit card in the mail. It was the second itime within a few weeks that I had left it somewhere in a teller machine. Scary that is. I didn't even notice it was gone. But it also leads me to the beautiful insight that most people indeed appear to be nice and honest folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment