Sunday, October 17, 2004

Doubts and rain - a poem

Not this is an old poem that I wrote as a teeanger - actually the first part I wrote as a teenager - the second part I wrote in 1994 when I lived in Hawaii and was not exactly a teenager anymore... Day One Doubts I' am stealing through the Dark, I can hear the swirling wind, I thought I had seen a spark, But my mind doesn't give a hint. I must find my way - but how? And then, I must find it now And if not, it was all in vain And I go on stealing down in the rain. The whole world could belong to me, The sky and the land and the sea It would be a very big DEAL But all I would own, I would STEAL. So is all I am going to gain To go on stealing down in the rain? Life Now I am striving in the waves, I can feel the swaying sea, I live in a world of slaves, But I hope that once will, what should be I am struggling but I survive, Sometimes drifting with no goals, I see living beings thrive, Hope lifts me from dooming holes. The morning is dawning here, And sun breaks through the rain, A laughing rainbow - no fear! Nothing is ever in vain. And though the world will never be mine, It will be in my heart for all time. Now I smile when the rain is falling Since I heard a secret life's calling

No comments:

Post a Comment