Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Evanescence of ideas

I just rushed to the computer to take down the fantstic idea I had, opened my beautiful Thinkpad R40, waited, waited, until finally the Open Office writer had started up and... it was GONE! The idea. That reminds me of Fernando Pessoa - and of the fact that I forgot to mention his "Book of Disquiet" as one of my favorite books. It is a book that strangely manages to explain everything without ever actually talking about anything specific in particular. That might be because Pessoa - according to himself - has the same problem that I have: an explosively creative but uncontrollably fuzzy Swiss cheese brain. Well - he nevertheless managed to become an icon of world literature. Which is not really reason for hope in my case because by the time he became recognized by a larger audience he had been under the soil for quite a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment